“Humbling, inspiring and astonishing” - the amazing young people shortlisted for the Bernard Matthews Young Awards 2012 will be revealed in tomorrow’s EDP
From stories of sporting success, to young farmers doing great things in agriculture, to people who have shown great courage...
Nominations for the Bernard Matthews Youth Awards 2012 have highlighted some absolutely amazing young people from Norfolk and Suffolk who are a real inspiration to us all - and those shortlisted for the awards will be revealed in the Eastern Daily Press tomorrow.
The standard of entries was extremely high and judges faced a difficult task picking finalists for the awards which are in association with the Eastern Daily Press.
In tomorrow's EDP those shortlisted in eight of the categories - young farmer, community support, charity, cultural achiever, bravery, environmental, educational achievement, sporting achievement - will be announced.
The ultimate winners of each of these categories – along with the new EDP-sponsored food champion prize – will be revealed at a special ceremony at Open in Norwich in October.
You may also want to watch:
The winner of each category will receive a �1,000 prize, and there will also be a special winner of winners prize.
Rob Mears, managing director at Bernard Matthews UK, said: 'Humbling, inspiring and astonishing are just a few words that sum up the nominations we have received for this year's Bernard Matthews Youth Awards.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 5 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 6 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 9 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 10 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
'In the fourth year of running the awards, we were once again uplifted by the positive influence young people have within our communities.
Selecting winners for the nine categories is always a tough job and this year has been no exception.
'We want to pay tribute to all the young people nominated for an award, and to thank their friends, family and supporters who, in many instances, nominated a young person for recognition.
'We look forward to meeting our nominees at The Bernard Matthews Youth Awards, where we hope to be able to make some dreams, goals and ambitions a true reality.'
• See tomorrow's EDP for the full list of the inspiring young people who have been shortlisted in the young farmer, community support, charity, cultural achiever, bravery, environmental, educational achievement and sporting achievement categories.