Beckett Investment Management Group
- Credit: Archant
We are very proud to have been recognised at the last three BEER Awards. Ian White, Managing Director, explains how this was achieved.
Becketts offers financial wellbeing to private clients on an independent basis, and we provide Employee Benefit consultancy to corporate clients. We have made financial services accessible to more employers, employees and individuals by communicating in an engaging way and using humour in the serious world of finance.
Our industry is heavily regulated and perceived as run by "stuffy" middle-aged men. But Becketts has proved that, by believing in every member of staff and developing their latent potential, a small IFA based in Suffolk can lead the industry in terms of employee engagement. Our culture is based around three key values: empowerment, engagement and innovation. We firmly believe that achieving high levels of customer satisfaction is a direct result of having a strong workplace culture.
You may also want to watch:
The starting point for getting this right is our mission statement. We created the "Beckett Bus" to communicate our quest to be best-in-class within the IFA sector. By believing that everybody comes to work to do the best possible job they can, the challenge for Becketts is to provide the training, support and environment to enable everyone to thrive. This extends to gender diversity where we are signatories to HM Treasury's Women in Finance Charter. More than half of 63 staff are female — which is exceptional for our industry and for the size of our firm.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
Maintaining staff engagement at high levels is our biggest challenge. We want to help each member of staff to develop their career within Becketts because we know that a happy workforce will produce exceptional results. This is proven by the satisfaction levels of our clients; virtually all our business comes from referrals and it's testament to the high levels of service our clients enjoy.