How a Jake Humphrey Tweet inspired a new social media strategy for Bakers and Larners of Holt
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk-based family business is looking to set up a new social media division on the back of a chance Tweet from presenter Jake Humphrey thanking them for their help in finding a bottle of wine.
When the former Formula One presenter asked his 700,000 followers if they knew where they could get a bottle of Norfolk wine from, a reply from one of them directed him towards Bakers and Larners of Holt.
The presenter was looking for the wines to give to chef Raymond Blanc and after contacting the store bought three bottles of Winbirri.
Staff became aware of the celebrity interest after a further Tweet from the presenter thanking store staff for their excellent customer service.
Duncan Baker finance director, said the firm had already been planning to bolster its social media division but after seeing the marketing power of Twitter in action decided to bring forward its plans.
You may also want to watch:
The group has a combined turnover of £21m and also operates a successful online website.
Mr Baker said: 'He sent out his Tweet and someone suggested us. Unbeknown to us, he rang up our sales guys to get some advice and we recommended Winbirri. On the back of that we are going to set up a social media side to make sure we put more effort into running that. We already felt it was important to have a digital strategy and we are now going to employ somebody to look after our social media side. We are looking to do that within the next couple of weeks. There is no comparison - that message went out to 700,000 people, which is incredible. We need to be pushing our message out and our brand to as many different areas as possible. Our digital marketing is very important to us. Social media is another distribution channel and we really want to make sure that it is really ingrained in the business.'
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault