‘Hot tubs, real fires and more pictures’ can increase holiday cottage occupancy
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
How to eke more out of your assets is a perennial problem for any business owner.
But cottages.com has sought to help holiday cottage owners with research into how much extra occupancy particular features could bring.
Simon Law, vice president at cottages.com, said wifi can add up to 1.5 weeks' occupancy, a hot tub can add anywhere between three and 10 weeks, a real fire can add 1.8 weeks and having eight or more pictures on a booking site listing can add up to 18 weeks.
Alexandra Persson, account manager at Booking.com, shared her tips for enhancing guests' experience – from the moment they land on the website.
In the booking process, the saying that a picture is worth 1,000 words has been proved true by research.
You may also want to watch:
Year-round availability is also of growing importance, with around 44% of customers still booking between three and six months in advance. Ms Persson said: 'We may see that last minute demand is high, but the demand for advance booking is also high.'
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 3 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 4 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 5 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 6 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 9 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 10 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner