High spirits as English Whisky Co’s new £400,000 restaurant opens
- Credit: Archant
East Anglia's leading whisky distillery has toasted the opening of its new £400,000 restaurant and coffee house.
The official opening of the new facilities at St George's Distillery in Roudham near Thetford last night also saw the launch of the last in its single grain whisky trilogy, Parched.
The Kitchen, built next to the distillery, took 12 months to plan and build, and has seating for 68 people inside and for more than 100 in its garden.
Andrew Nelstrop, owner of the Future50 business, said: 'The distillery welcomes upwards of 45,000 visitors every year and The Kitchen enables us to now offer them a lovely place for breakfast or lunch alongside the tours and our retail offering. It will provide the perfect environment to relax, unwind, and eat with friends.'
The distillery's shop has also been expanded, and now offers all the company's own whiskies as well as more than 300 from all over the world.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 3 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 4 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 5 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 6 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 7 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 8 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 9 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day