Hunt on for new Post Office boss
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2008
The hunt is on for someone to take over a village post office, after the current postmaster announced he intends to step down.
Hethersett Post Office on Great Melton Road is currently run by Kevin Salmon, but Post Office UK, which owns the service, said he was looking to step down.
A spokesman for the company said: "The postmaster for Hethersett has expressed an interest to leave the Post Office network subject to us finding a suitable replacement postmaster for the current business or for a nearby retailer to take on the branch."
Mr Salmon took to social media to reassure customers the branch would remain open into the new year.
Writing on Facebook, he said: "I'm open as usual this Christmas at the Post Office I have extra help in to deal with the Christmas rush... Please be patient we are working as hard as we can to give the best service we can. And wish you all a lovely Christmas."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in incorporating a Post Office in their premises should email ND.firstname.lastname@example.org or 0333 345 5560, then select option two.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 3 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 4 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 5 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 6 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 7 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 8 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
- 10 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes