Hamleys toy shop opens in Norwich shopping centre
- Credit: Hamleys
The wait is finally over as Hamleys, the world's oldest toy shop, has opened its doors in Norwich.
The store opened today (September 18) at 9am in Chantry Place on the ground floor.
The first child at the door got to open the shop and choose a free gift, with the famous Hamleys bear greeting visitors throughout the day.
Founded in 1760, the retailer features top brands, the latest toys and classic family favourites.
There are also sights to see, from flying drones to giant floating bubbles, plus Hamleys characters Ragdoll and Toy Soldier are often on hand to mingle with customers.
Hamleys flagship store is in Regent Street in London and there are smaller shops across the UK, including at Stansted Airport.
The latest opening times will be updated soon on the Chantry Place website.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 7 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 8 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 9 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 10 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’