Bakery chain Greggs hopes to reopen 800 shops
High street bakery chain Greggs, with outlets across Norfolk, hopes to open around 800 of its stores by the middle of next month.
The bakeries, selling popular items such as the vegan sausage roll which sold out when it was launched in January, are to open their doors again in June.
Greggs has outlets across the county including in Norwich, Dereham, Swaffham, Thetford, Yarmouth, King’s Lynn and Fakenham.
“We have planned and delivered robust shop trials using our new operational safety measures and they have progressed well allowing us to now move to open an increased number of our shops from mid-June,” a spokesman said.
The firm did not put an exact figure on how many stores it hopes to open, however it is understood to be trying to serve customers out of about 800 of its sites.
You may also want to watch:
Greggs runs approximately 2,050 outlets across the country.
For more updates on coronavirus in Norfolk see the Facebook page here
- 1 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 7 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 10 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m