Good news for North Walsham as clothing shop opens
A North Walsham clothes shop reopened on Monday - with a new name and a new owner.
Mair Stockdale has taken over at Dragonfly in Market Place and renamed it No 1, just a few weeks after there were fears that it would be closed and left standing empty.
Mrs Stockdale, who already owns ladieswear shop Tatters - also in Market Place - is looking forward to overseeing the two outlets.
She said: 'I have always thought that Dragonfly and Tatters complemented each other in the town and gave ladies a reasonably wide choice for a small town.
'Although we have been in competition we have always had a good relationship and have bought in and admired each other's shops over the years.
You may also want to watch:
'I didn't think for one moment though that I would be taking it over. It's been an exciting time and still is albeit a bit on the manic side. All the staff are wonderful and we are all really looking forward to offering the ladies of North Walsham some really lovely fashions, accessories and service.'
The refurbished shop opened its doors to the public at 10am on Monday.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR
Mrs Stockdale said No.1 had created three new jobs and the shop was still looking for its last recruit.