What is Future50?
Future50 is an exciting business growth programme that's designed to recognise Norfolk and Suffolk's most innovative companies. We want to find the region's 'ones to watch' and to accelerate their growth ambitions through inspirational keynote events that stimulate peer learning, collaborative discussion groups, exposure in local media brands and business support from our key partners and their network. Future50 members will be the individuals and companies that will be creating jobs, growing at a faster rate than others and that have the drive and ambition needed to be leaders in their sector.
Applications for the 2021 cohort have closed. We will announce the Future50 Cohort on Wednesday 6 January. Details on how to apply for the 2022 cohort will be available in Autumn 2021.
Who can apply?
Future50 is open to Norfolk and Suffolk's small-to-medium-sized high growth businesses.
We're looking for enterprising and innovative entrepreneurs and businesses with the greatest potential to have an impact on the local economy over the next three years. You're business will be achieving or aiming to achieve 20% YoY growth.
Do you have what it takes?
Future50 is searching for inspiring, pioneering and ambitious businesses which are operating in growth markets and driven to succeed. Typically these businesses are;
- Achieving or aiming to achieve 20% YoY growth
- Can provide at least 1 year of annual accounts
- Have experienced growth over the past 12months and are looking to scale further
- Are led by ambitious founders or directors, passionate about growing their business
- Are interested in funding, resource and learning opportunities to scale their business
Why should you apply?
As a Future50 member you will receive a number of benefits that will give your business the competitive edge it needs to succeed:
- 12 months of exclusive growth events tailored to business growth
- A pitching event designed to bring together angels and investors
- Development of a peer group that provides support, learning and trading opportunities;
- Multimedia exposure through the scheme, and via Archant media channels;
- Regular updates on topical business issues and key local developments;
- Access to business support through the partners and their network to develop strategy, business plans and support implementation, access to finance and financial performance;
- Signposting to local and national funding opportunities to assist investment plans.
- Your business plan put in front of the Archant Ventures team, giving you a chance to receive an "airtime-for-equity" investment worth up to £50,000.
Growing our region
As a Future50 member, you'll also be playing an important and exciting part in the development of our region. By working with businesses that have the potential to make the most economic impact locally over the course of the next three years, Future50 will stimulate enterprise in the area and provide a lasting legacy based on quality jobs and increased trade. Your business could play a key role in the local economy for years to come, providing inspiration and future support for the next generation of aspiring entrepreneurs and emerging companies
What are you waiting for?
The scheme is selective, with a panel assessing all applications, so unfortunately not every business will be successful. But we'll provide feedback on decisions and help you to access alternative support to assist your growth plans outside of the scheme.
Before you apply, please consider the following;
First, check the eligibility requirements relating to potential growth of the business through investment and/or job creation, and how you believe your business will benefit from membership
You will be invited to 12 exclusive events throughout the year, all of which are compulsory to attend and should be attended by the founders, directors or an appointed representative from within the company.
Complete the online application form
- Your application will be reviewed and checked by our team, who will then contact you to discuss it further. This may involve a visit.
- All applications will be reviewed by our panel for a final decision.
- Applicants will be notified as to whether they have been accepted onto the Future50 programme.