How to grow your business: Speakers to share stories of success at Future50 Live!
- Credit: Simon Finlay Photography
The second Future50 Live! event aims to combine inspiration and education to help your business grow. Mark Shields reports.
So you've founded a business, proved the model, and got a couple of years under your belt.
What are your options for moving it on to the next level – and staying in control?
That's just one of the questions that will be tackled at the next Future50 Live! event in Ipswich on Thursday, when three expert speakers will share their stories and offer their guidance.
Among them will be former Future50 members Jenna Ackerley of Events Under Canvas and Jason Hawkins-Row of Aponic, while Karen Longdin of Hoseasons' parent company Wyndham Vacation Rentals will talk about digital transformation for small businesses.
You may also want to watch:
The event, specially targeted at the SME members of the Future50, aims to combine inspirational stories of past member companies with practical advice and guidance based on the lessons they have learned.
Ms Ackerley, whose business was founded in 2013 as a tipi hire company has since expanded to offer glamping tents for accommodation at events, underpinned by an ethos of sustainability and collaboration.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
She will examine how businesses can continue to set themselves ambitious targets and grow beyond their comfort zones.
Mr Hawkins-Row has developed Aponic's soilless growing system that can be used to grow crops indoors or with minimal water. He will talk about how you can grow your business without losing control to outside investors or third parties.
Meanwhile, Ms Longdin, Wyndham's head of IT development and infrastructure, will explore how every business can get a cutting edge from using technology, and offer insights into how it can be used to reach new customers.
There will also be networking time for members and a short question-and-answer session for guests to get advice directly from the speakers.
Thursday's event in Suffolk follows a similar event in Norfolk in November, where a panel of speakers shared their stories of success at the University of East Anglia's Enterprise Centre.
Future50 Live! takes place at Isaacs on the Quay in Ipswich from 6pm until 9pm on Thursday, April 19.
Attendance is restricted to past and present Future50 members only – but there's still time to get your free ticket.
If you'd like to book your place, please email Ellie.email@example.com or call 01603 772819.