Frankie & Benny’s owner ousts chief for ex-boss of Paddy Power
- Credit: Archant Â© 2005
The owner of Frankie & Benny's has ousted its chief executive, replacing him with the former boss of Paddy Power.
The Restaurant Group said on Friday that Danny Breithaupt will step down with immediate effect, with former bookie boss Andy McCue taking the top job.
'The board has completed the initial phase of the operating strategy review, and has decided that a new leader is needed to implement the initial actions and then prioritise the next phase of the review,' the firm said.
Mr Breithaupt had led the food firm, which also operates Chiquito and Garfunkel's, for 15 years. But in April the Restaurant Group was forced to issue its latest profit warning.
Chairman Debbie Hewitt said Mr McCue's 'extensive strategic background, coupled with a strong commercial flair, proven hands-on operational expertise and digital credentials, will bring considerable strength and new skills'.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'