Fenland harvesting specialist keen to recruit
Fenland specialist engineer Standen-Pearson is looking to recruit staff as export demand booms for its range of harvesting machinery.
The Ely-based firm has exported more than 25pc of its total production this year of two-row high capacity machines to France and Spain.
A range of de-stoning machines have also been shipped to new and emerging markets. With demand for new technology and machines, Standen-Pearson has been meeting the increasing demand, both at home and abroad for its potato harvesting systems.
It now offers four harvester models and further product releases are planned as parent company Standen Engineering Ltd looks to recruit more engineering and design personnel to boost capacity of the in-house development department.
The potato harvester range includes the QM compact, T2, two-row high capacity machine, T3, three-row harvester, and a new specialist vegetable harvester, custom built for export to the United States.
You may also want to watch:
The T2 two-row harvester is now offered with a choice five of modular separating systems. Again in response to grower demand, it has included an extra wide 1500mm discharge elevator, thus providing huge capacity. This will allow efficient harvesting of windrowed potatoes lifted on the 2 x 2 system.
This 1500mm wide elevator equipped machine also lends itself very well to high-speed onion harvesting.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 4 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 7 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 8 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 9 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 10 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
More information can be found at www.standen.co.uk