Event aims to help businesses grow in west Norfolk
- Credit: Matthew Usher
West Norfolk businesses have been gathering for an event which aims to help them grow.
The Growth for Business Convention began in King's Lynn yesterday with the hope of helping small businesses and those looking to start up their own businesses to find the information and resources they require to be successful.
The event, which has been organised by Your Own Local Directory in conjunction with Fraser Dawbarns Solicitors, features exhibitions from 30 businesses as well as a number of seminars from experts in a number of different areas.
Amanda Knight, who helped to organise the event, said: 'It is so important for small businesses to work together.
'What we really wanted to do was have an event which gave strong practical advice. I have been to a number of events like this where you are just given a leaflet. We also wanted to address some of the areas small businesses struggle with.'
Among those speaking was businessman Quentin Pain who spoke on how to become a legendary business owner.
The event also saw the launch of the SWARM Apprenticeships scheme in west Norfolk.
- 1 ‘Porn addict’ Norfolk doctor who secretly filmed women struck off
- 2 Rare insect spotted in Norfolk for first time in nearly 100 years
- 3 5 famous faces who were born in King's Lynn
- 4 Norwich street named one of the most beautiful in the world
- 5 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 6 Norfolk fish and chip shop named one of the 10 best in the UK
- 7 Woman’s death prompts ‘significant dangers’ warning over A11 cycle races
- 8 Seven people arrested after 50 vehicles stopped by police at Thickthorn
- 9 Norfolk start-up taking on retail giant Amazon
- 10 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
SWARM chief executive Robert Ashton said: 'I see it as a business development program; we look at it from an enterprise first perspective. We set goals for the apprentices so that the business benefits as well.'
The free event continues today at Knights Hill Hotel from 10am until 4pm.
What support should small businesses and start-ups be given in our area? Write to EDPLetters@archant.co.uk