EDP Business Awards - Cranswick Country Foods’ transformation is key to Food and Farming Excellence Award win
Watton-based Cranswick Country Foods were named at the awards night as the winners of this eagerly- anticipated category, which seeks to highlight producers in Norfolk's world-class food and farming industry.
Formed in the 1970s and listed in 1985, Cranswick is highly focused on the food sector, especially in pork products.
Cranswick acquired the former Bowes site at Watton in 2009 and turnover has grown from �96m to �176m.
Investment in new processing plant, innovative meat-processing equipment and environmental equipment of �12.7m has transformed the site into a very efficient food processing factory for the UK and growing export markets.
In particular, it has a dedicated China export line, and new product development is an important business tool with a new line producing unique breaded pork products.
You may also want to watch:
A delighted Cranswick managing director, Chris Aldersley, declared: 'We have done a lot of work and made significant investments in our site in recent years, so it's wonderful to have that recognised.
'We employ 1,100 staff and this is a great boost for all of them.'
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 3 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 4 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 5 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 6 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 7 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 8 Administrators appointed at AF Biomass
- 9 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
The other finalists were Aylsham-based Dewing Grain, and Sands Agricultural Machinery of Stalham.