EDP Business Awards 2017: Lovell managing director thanks “amazing team” after award win
- Credit: Simon Finlay Photography
The winner of the EDP Business Awards Investing in Future Growth category has spent years building the foundations of a strong and loyal workforce.
Construction company Lovell Partnerships works on new-build, open market housing, refurbishment and planned maintenance projects.
The firm, which recently moved its regional base in Norwich from Thorpe Road to Broadland Business Park, prides itself on building not just homes but 'communities', with mixed tenure build projects and original designs.
It has managed an energy efficient Passivhaus development with Broadland Housing in the Fulmodeston area, and a 15-home development on Yarmouth Road in Norwich.
Lovell also has a well established pipeline for talent, with its managing director himself having started as an apprentice carpenter.
You may also want to watch:
The judges were impressed with the company's innovation and commercial acumen, which had together resulted in 'significant' growth.
'This growth was driven by a clear long term vision and goals for the business that has seen it re-balance its operations and backed that with strong investment in both assets and people. 'This investment has delivered an excellent return in both revenue and profit growth for the company and a strong increase in local employment including a commitment to training through the business.'
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 7 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 8 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 9 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 10 Norfolk and Waveney's 30 under 30 - from world-beating athletes to business owners
They added that the firm's 'dedication to long term investment and development' puts it in an 'excellent position to ensure long term success'.
Simon Medler, regional managing director for East Anglia, said achieving the accolade had been a team effort.
'We have an amazing team and I think it is recognition for an awful lot of hard work that goes in on a daily basis,' he said.
'It is the work of everyone involved, through from receptionists to apprentices to surveyors. It is the partnerships, and everybody sharing the same values and buying into the organisation which makes the difference.'
Sponsored by Howes Percival, the Investing in Future Growth award recognises companies who combine innovation and business acumen to growing and guarantee a successful future.