EDP Business Awards 2017: Lovell managing director thanks “amazing team” after award win
- Credit: Simon Finlay Photography
The winner of the EDP Business Awards Investing in Future Growth category has spent years building the foundations of a strong and loyal workforce.
Construction company Lovell Partnerships works on new-build, open market housing, refurbishment and planned maintenance projects.
The firm, which recently moved its regional base in Norwich from Thorpe Road to Broadland Business Park, prides itself on building not just homes but 'communities', with mixed tenure build projects and original designs.
It has managed an energy efficient Passivhaus development with Broadland Housing in the Fulmodeston area, and a 15-home development on Yarmouth Road in Norwich.
Lovell also has a well established pipeline for talent, with its managing director himself having started as an apprentice carpenter.
The judges were impressed with the company's innovation and commercial acumen, which had together resulted in 'significant' growth.
'This growth was driven by a clear long term vision and goals for the business that has seen it re-balance its operations and backed that with strong investment in both assets and people. 'This investment has delivered an excellent return in both revenue and profit growth for the company and a strong increase in local employment including a commitment to training through the business.'
- 1 Blaze sees 20 passengers evacuated from city bus
- 2 First-time publicans transform their local and are already winning awards
- 3 'Significant construction' on A47 to begin in 2023
- 4 Parked cars prevent buses from serving north Norfolk village
- 5 All of the Norfolk streets that won the Postcode Lottery in June
- 6 Buses damaged in city centre collision
- 7 John Bailey: Lord Botham, our cricketing angler/conservationist
- 8 New pub landlord welcomes back families and introduces street food menu
- 9 Host a roast dinner with unlimited Yorkshire puds at newly-refurbished pub
- 10 Vehicles worth £50k stolen from Royal Norfolk Show
They added that the firm's 'dedication to long term investment and development' puts it in an 'excellent position to ensure long term success'.
Simon Medler, regional managing director for East Anglia, said achieving the accolade had been a team effort.
'We have an amazing team and I think it is recognition for an awful lot of hard work that goes in on a daily basis,' he said.
'It is the work of everyone involved, through from receptionists to apprentices to surveyors. It is the partnerships, and everybody sharing the same values and buying into the organisation which makes the difference.'
Sponsored by Howes Percival, the Investing in Future Growth award recognises companies who combine innovation and business acumen to growing and guarantee a successful future.