East Anglian food producer’s fundraising total for NSPCC is far from paultry
- Credit: Supplied
An East Anglia food producer has raised almost £6,000 for a children's charity.
Staff at Gressingham Foods, which farms poultry across Norfolk and Suffolk, have been taking part in activities in aid of the NSPCC.
In total the company, famed for its ducks, raised £5,807.31 for the charity through events including a 200 mile sponsored cycling relay, a silent auction and a raffle.
One staff member also ran the Woodbridge 10k dressed as a duck – raising £2,225 towards the total.
The money raised by employees was matched by the company's directors.
You may also want to watch:
NSPCC said the total raised by Gressingham Foods could answer 1,451 calls to Childline.
William Buchanan, managing director of Gressingham Foods, said: 'Gressingham are delighted to be supporting the NSPCC this year as part of our charity fundraising activities.
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 3 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 4 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 5 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 8 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 9 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
'We believe strongly that every childhood is worth fighting for and are happy to have been able to raise funds for this worthwhile cause.'