Dereham vet includes bereavement room in new site plans
- Credit: Archant
A Dereham vet is planning to move to bigger premises to provide new facilities, including a bereavement room.
The Grove Veterinary Surgery’s Dereham branch, which has been based on Norwich Road for more than a decade, has lodged a planning application to move to larger premises at Dereham Business Park, next to Tesco Extra, in January.
“We’ve outgrown our current site and we want to offer our clients a more bespoke facility,” said clinical director Lisa Jones. “At the moment, a lot of our intricate procedures can only be done at Fakenham, but we’ll now be able to offer those in Dereham.”
The new site would include X-ray facilities, dental facilities, a bigger operating theatre and more space for staff. It would also offer separate waiting areas for cats and dogs and a bereavement room, which Ms Jones said will give customers privacy when their pet dies.
“It will be a comfortable place to be,” said Ms Jones, “with a rear access door so customers can leave without having to walk back through a busy reception.”
You may also want to watch:
Breckland District Council will decide on the application by December 2;
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR