Dereham vet includes bereavement room in new site plans
- Credit: Archant
A Dereham vet is planning to move to bigger premises to provide new facilities, including a bereavement room.
The Grove Veterinary Surgery’s Dereham branch, which has been based on Norwich Road for more than a decade, has lodged a planning application to move to larger premises at Dereham Business Park, next to Tesco Extra, in January.
“We’ve outgrown our current site and we want to offer our clients a more bespoke facility,” said clinical director Lisa Jones. “At the moment, a lot of our intricate procedures can only be done at Fakenham, but we’ll now be able to offer those in Dereham.”
The new site would include X-ray facilities, dental facilities, a bigger operating theatre and more space for staff. It would also offer separate waiting areas for cats and dogs and a bereavement room, which Ms Jones said will give customers privacy when their pet dies.
“It will be a comfortable place to be,” said Ms Jones, “with a rear access door so customers can leave without having to walk back through a busy reception.”
You may also want to watch:
Breckland District Council will decide on the application by December 2;
- 1 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 2 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 3 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 4 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time
- 5 School forced to close for Christmas early due to Covid cases
- 6 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 7 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 8 Farm shop expands after huge lockdown sales boom
- 9 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 10 More than 1,500 homes and school planned for land alongside NDR