Consultation to be launched into poultry farm proposal
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Months after a controversial plan to build a poultry farm in north west Norfolk was withdrawn, developers are exploring whether to submit another planning application.
Newcome-Baker Farms says its original proposals for Sedgeford, near Hunstanton, have been scaled back and has launched a public consulation to present the revised vision.
Residents are invited to look at the early plans in the village hall on Saturday (7 November) from 10am-1pm.
William Barber, managing director, said: 'We were quite shocked by the reaction to the earlier proposal.
'Several hundred poultry barns already operate in Norfolk and Suffolk and over 40 within the immediate vicinity and there is little evidence that they pose any problems for residents or the tourism industry.'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'These new proposals are aimed at alleviating some of these concerns and the consultation process will also inform people as to how modern poultry farms operate.'
The firm withdrew an application earlier this year for eight poultry barns following opposition from residents concerned with the impact on their health, the environment and tourism.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 4 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 5 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 6 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 7 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 10 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
But it says these latest proposals are scaled down - by almost 50pc - with four poultry barns and ancillary buildings. If it is decided to proceed, the application could be submitted to West Norfolk Council within the month.
Information is also available at www.whinclosepoultryfarm.co.uk
- What do you think to the proposals? Email firstname.lastname@example.org