Budget 2012 reaction: Norwich shoppers give their views
The Budget 2012 announcement was greeted with scepticism when we took to the streets of Norwich to ask the public for their views.
Terrez Price, 27, a photography student and freelance photographer, said: 'I feel that when it comes to students, what they have done is charge three times as much money to the student but I'm not sure what they plan to do with the money.'
Joshua Warden, 28, a civil servant from Norwich, said: 'The budget does seem to be a little bit clandestine. It has some insidious points like for example the supposed measures to benefit society.
'The benefits to the poor are giving with one hand and taking away with the other.'
Cathy Cox, 55 a support worker from Norwich, said: 'Well it seems I get paid one day and I'm broke the next, just trying to pay bills and stuff like that. They keep going up but I haven't had a pay increase for a over a year.'
You may also want to watch:
And Gary Oldham, 43, a teacher from north Norfolk, said: 'There are benefits at both ends of the spectrum, especially for the wealthy because of the 45p tax cut. I see they have also introduced Lib Dem policies by increasing the personal allowance lower tax threshold for those on lower wages but I've also seen that there have been lots of cuts to benefits too.
'It seems to me like a budget for the wealthy.'
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 7 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Norfolk and Waveney's 30 under 30 - from world-beating athletes to business owners
- 10 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home