Britain’s most (and least) trusted jobs
- Credit: EDP, Archant
Brits trust their hairdresser more than scientists, police officers or the person writing this article, a new study has found.
In fact hairdressers rank an impressive fifth on the list of most trusted professions, if you can trust the data compiled by Ipsos MORI.
Unsurprisingly, Doctors are the most trusted members of society, with 89 per cent of people saying they believe their adivce.
Also ranking highly were teachers with 86 per cent, judges with 80 per cent and scientists with 79 per cent.
At the bottom end of the list, equally unsurprisingly, came politicians, with only 21 per cent of people saying they trusted our elected represntatives.
You may also want to watch:
Coming in not far behind were government ministers at 22 per cent and journalists with 25 per cent.
The nation's trust in priests has fallen to 67 per cent, well down on three decades ago when they held the title of most trusted profession at 85 per cent.
- 1 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 2 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 7 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 8 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case
- 9 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 10 Linnets turn down £100,000 bid for midfielder