Branches of Jones Bootmaker in Norwich, Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds saved by sale deal - and the full list of closures
- Credit: PA
Branches of Jones Bootmaker across the East of England have been saved after administrators agreed a sale of the troubled footwear retailer.
The majority of the business and its assets have been bought by private equity firm Endless LLP, securing 840 jobs, though 25 stores and six concessions have not been included in the sale.
Their immediate closure will result in the loss of 262 jobs, though the Jones stores in Norwich, Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds will remain open.
Will Wright, joint administrator at KPMG, said: 'We are delighted that we have been able to rescue such an iconic UK footwear brand as Jones Bootmaker, including a high proportion of stores and preserving a large number of jobs, especially given the current economic pressures faced by retailers across the UK.
'This deal recognises the value of Jones as a strong and popular high street brand with a loyal customer base.'
You may also want to watch:
The complete list of stores to close, and the number of staff affected, is as follows:
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
Birmingham Grand Central (15)
Merry Hill (9)
Nottingham, Listergate (17)
Sutton Coldfield (10)
Concessions in Isle of Man (0), Lytham (6), Nantwich (4)
Edinburgh, Lothian Rd (5)
Glasgow, Buchanan St (8)
Lakeside, Essex (12)
London: Langley Court (6) & Covent Garden (7), Jubilee Place (10), St Christopher's Place (6), Wimbledon (9)
Milton Keynes (14)
Concessions in Chelmsford (5), New Milton (5), Romsey (5)
Bath, Lawrence St (12)