These are the best things to do and see in East Anglia
- Credit: Ian Burt
Walking Holkham Beach, seeing the seals at Blakeney and eating on Cromer crab are among Britain's top experiences, according to a book by travel guide firm Lonely Planet.
The new Ultimate United Kingdom Travelist ranks 500 of the country's best things to do - and the north Norfolk region came off particularly well.
In 28th spot, the book recommends you "Let Holkham Beach soothe your soul as you sink your toes in its fine sands", and waxes on about the "seemingly endless sweep of white-gold sand stretching towards a distant sea" made famous by Shakespeare in Love.
The list's 39th position tells you to "See (and smell) the thousands of seals on Blakeney Point", where some 2,700 pups are born each winter, and the 71th entry tells you to "Sample Britain's sweetest crab fresh off the boat in Cromer".
Norwich Cathedral, which is now running a Seeing It Differently programme which includes a helter skelter in the nave, was also included in the list, which includes part of its interior: "Among the spidery stonework are 1200 mesmerising, ornate ceiling bosses - more than any other cathedral in the Christian world."
You may also want to watch:
A visit to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival topped the list overall, while the highest-ranking experience in East Anglia was punting in Cambridge, which came in at No. 11.
WATCH: Stunning drone footage of Household Cavalry on Holkham beachTom Hall, the publisher's vice-president of experience, said: "Lonely Planet's Ultimate United Kingdom Travelist brings together the UK's most compelling sights and experiences, ranging from world-class museums and giant cathedrals to rollicking festivals, inky lochs and tiny pubs.
"We're thrilled to name punting in Cambridge one of the UK's very best experiences, alongside many other experiences in East Anglia."
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 6 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 7 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 10 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
Best places to visit and things to do around East Anglia - from the Ultimate United Kingdom Travelist
1. Go punting in Cambridge
2. Walk along Holkham Beach
3. Go seal watching at Blakeney Point
4. Try fresh crab in Cromer
5. Explore the Norfolk Broads by boat
6. Go to the Duxford Air Show
7. Visit the John Constable-inspiring landscape of Dedham Vale
8. Take high tea at Granchester's Orchard Tea Garden
9. Frolic on Southwold beach
10. Connect with your 'inner aristocrat' at Felbrigg Hall
11. Delve into the past at Sutton Hoo
12. Walk the world's longest pier at Southend
13. Visit Norwich Cathedral
14. Stroll around medieval Lavenham
15. Discover Aldeburgh on the Suffolk coast
16. Visit Blicking Hall