Coffee shop to give out free drinks in exchange for love stories on Valentine’s Day
- Credit: Sophie Wyllie
A Norwich coffee shop will be giving out free coffee to those feeling the love on Valentine's Day.
Aroma, in Upper King Street, is giving free coffees to customers who share with baristas something they love about the person they are visiting with on February 14.
But owners, siblings Thomas and Mercedes Hood, have said you don't have to come in with a romantic partner to make the most of the deal.
MORE: Building firm which collapsed owing £1.5m to repay just a fraction backThose visiting with their parents, business associates - or even their dog - can get a free coffee from the team.
"Valentine's Day is not just for couples." Miss Hood said. "Not being in a relationship doesn't mean you're alone or that your life is void of love. The people around you love you too. Take just a moment out of your day to compliment someone and in return we'll compliment you with coffee."
The offer is available to those taking any hot drink to go, but people can book upstairs tables by contacting the café.
You may also want to watch:
The coffee bar, which recently celebrated five years of being open, are also donating all tips throughout the day to AGE UK Norwich, whose aims include tackling loneliness within the elderly community.
The offer will run from 7am to 5pm.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 3 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 4 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 5 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 6 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 10 Homes evacuated in village after man threatens criminal damage