A summer of street entertainment coming to King’s Lynn
- Credit: Matthew Usher
The town will be more like London's Covent Garden this summer as world-class street performers are set to entertain shoppers and visitors to the town.
Escapologists, expert jugglers and a hula hoop artist are among the eight performers who will be taking part in shows across four Saturdays in August and September.
The theatrical performances are part of a series of events this summer being organised by West Norfolk Council.
Elizabeth Nockolds, the council's cabinet member for culture, heritage and health, said: 'We are really excited that people will be able to experience some of the magic of Covent Garden's world famous street entertainment right here in King's Lynn.
'This series of street entertainment adds to our existing programme of events and we hope that it will draw new people into the town to explore the heritage and browse the shops.' The shows will be held in King's Lynn town centre on August 1, 15, 20 and also September 5.
You may also want to watch:
On each day, two of the acts will perform three 40-minute shows between 11am-4.30pm.
Meanwhile, on Tuesday, there will be family-friendly theatre in The Walks with an open-air performance of Robin Hood the Musical from 2.30pm.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 4 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 5 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 6 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 7 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 8 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 9 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
Tickets are available from the King's Lynn Corn Exchange.
A drama workshop for children aged between five and 10 will also take place at 1pm.
For more information about King's Lynn events visit www.west-norfolk.gov.uk/events.
Is your town planning anything fun for the summer? Email email@example.com