Motorcyclist killed in A140 crash named
- Credit: Simon Parkin
A motorcyclist who died in crash with a car on the A140 has been named.
David Clarke, 56, who had been riding a BMW motorcycle, died following the collision with a blue Ford C-Max car at Dickleburgh on January 10.
Mr Clarke was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident that occurred on a single carriageway section of the busy road close to the junctions to Dickleburgh Moor and Burston.
The A140 was closed in both directions for five hours while emergency services dealt with the incident.
An inquest into his death will be opened at Norfolk Coroner's Court in Norwich on Monday, January 20.
The driver of the Ford was not seriously injured but was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for precautionary checks.
You may also want to watch:
Police enquiries are continuing into the crash. Anyone with information should contact Sergeant Mark Barney by calling 101 and quoting incident number 258 of 10 January.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 3 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m