Biker injured in collision on main road
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist suffered a fractured ankle in a crash on the main road between Fakenham and Norwich.
Police were called at around 4.30pm on Tuesday (November 12) afternoon following reports of a collision on the A1067 Fakenham Road.
The crash, at Lenwade near to the junction with Lyng Road, involved a Yamaha motorbike and a Vauxhall Meriva.
With the road blocked, officers assisted movement of traffic in the area but there were long tailbacks in both directions along the A1067.
The motorcyclist was taken to hospital with a fractured ankle and the road was later reopened.
The collision occurred on same stretch of road where another motorcyclist - a man in his 20s - suffered life-changing injuries as a result of a separate crash.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called to the A1067 in Taverham just 45 minutes later and closed the road between Fir Covert Road and Sandy Lane for more than four hours.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17