A police staff member has been suspended and may face disciplinary action over their handling of a tragedy which saw four family members killed in a Costessey home.

In January, 45-year-old Bartlomiej Kuczynski was found dead in a hosuse in Allan Bedford Crescent, Queens Hill - along with his two young daughters and their aunt.

Police are treating the tragic incident as a triple murder, with Kuczynski believed to have killed daughters Jasmin and Natasha, 12 and eight, and their aunt Kanticha Sukpengpanao, 36, before taking his own life.

Following the tragedy, it emerged that Kuczynski had made a call to 999 in a distressed state before all four bodies were found - but police did not attend until another member of the public raised the alarm.

The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) launched an investigation into the incident after Norfolk Constabulary referred itself to the watchdog.

Now, the organisation has confirmed it has issued a gross misconduct notice to a civilian member of staff at the constabulary - meaning the individual could face disciplinary action.

Meanwhile, police have confirmed the individual has been suspended.

An IOPC spokesman told the BBC: "We can confirm, as part of our ongoing investigation into the tragic deaths of four people on 19 January, we have served a gross misconduct notice on a Norfolk Constabulary staff member.

"Following a mandatory referral from Norfolk, we began an independent investigation into the contact the force had with Bartlomiej Kuczynski shortly before his body and three other bodies were discovered by police in a house in Costessey".

The IOPC has not provided the reason for its decision, nor did it name the staff member in question.

The individual is a civilian member of staff - not a serving officer.

A spokesman for Norfolk Constabulary said: "We are aware of the process involving the member of police staff but cannot offer comment on specific details given the IOPC is carrying out the independent investigation.

"The constabulary continues to co-operate with the IOPC and can confirm the staff member has been suspended while the investigation establishes the facts."