See inside this converted Victorian school on sale for £1.1m
- Credit: Sowerbys
A former Victorian school in north Norfolk is up for sale for more than £1.1m.
The property in Thornham, which was recently revealed as one of the most expensive villages in Norfolk, was built in the 1850s and was originally the village school.
Converted into a home 20 years ago, it still has many of its original features, including stone mullion windows, oak arched doors, and wrought iron furniture.
The entrance hall leads to the downstairs toilet, the utility room, the kitchen, and the reception rooms. The entrance hall is also where you can access the back garden.
The kitchen has a large range cooker and plenty of space for a dining table. There is also lots of storage.
The two reception rooms lead on from one another. The larger reception room has a pine mantled fireplace, and the smaller has a log burner.
Upstairs, each of the bedrooms has its own bathroom. Bedroom three is the smallest, with an en-suite which includes a shower.
Bedroom one is the largest, with an en-suite bathroom. This room has vaulted ceilings and the original leaded windows.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 3 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 4 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 6 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 9 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 10 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
Bedroom two, though slightly smaller, is the master, with an attached dressing room and en-suite bathroom.
The back garden is a north-facing courtyard patio, and the front is a south-facing lawn with a flint wall and hedging for privacy.
Old School Court, Thornham
Guide Price: £1,125,000
Sowerbys, 01328 730340, www.sowerbys.com
Would you like to stay up to date with the latest property news in your area? Sign up to our Eastern Daily Press newsletter for our pick of the best local property stories.