Wymondham singer uses local landmarks for latest music video
An upcoming Norfolk singer/songwriter has featured some of her county's most recognisable places in her latest music video.
In the hit video, which was viewed more than 2,500 times on the first day it was uploaded to the internet, songstress Nina Baker can be seen playing the piano and singing her new track Single Bed at a number of unusual locations and local businesses, including Chapelfield shopping centre, Jarrold department store, outside The Forum and on the platform of Wymondham rail station.
Since its release five days ago, the 24-year-old, who is originally from Norwich and currently lives in Wymondham, has been contacted by many companies in the area, eagerly offering their premises for her next video.
The former piano teacher is currently enjoying a whirlwind year which has seen her record a sell-out EP, take the headline slot at Norwich's Brickfest, and receive a nomination at the Exposure Music Awards, a national competition which aims to uncover the UK's best unsigned talent.
'I have been nominated for this music award which was an incentive to record a music video and I thought it would be fantastic to use local businesses,' said Nina.
You may also want to watch:
'They were fantastic about it and it was lovely to go to businesses I had never been to. It was great to talk to them and I got a lot of interest from the public. It drew quite a few onlookers.'
She added: 'We have had a huge amount of hits so far from my website and throughout the social networks I use. I've had businesses calling up asking if we want to use them for a follow up video.'
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 6 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 7 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 8 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
Nina's next big project is to record her debut album, called Breaking Rules, which is scheduled for release in December.
She will also be embarking on her first European tour this autumn.
To view the video for Single Bed, visit www.youtube.com/ ninabakermusic
Are you a local musician on the verge of making the big time? Contact email@example.com