Wymondham set for Last Night of the Proms event
Wymondham's finest musicians will join forces to provide a spectacular evening of rousing patriotic music this weekend.
Wymondham Abbey will be hosting its own Last Night of the Proms on Saturday from 7pm.
The town's acclaimed Symphony Orchestra, under conductor Andrew Parnell, will combine with Wymondham Choral Society, directed by Claire Dixon, to creat a night to rival the Royal Albert Hall.
The programme will include well-loved classics such as Strauss's Radetsky March, Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody and Handel's Nightingale Chorus, while favourites such as Elgar's Land of Hope and Glory, Arne's Rule Britannia and Parry's Jerusalem will also feature.
Soprano Rebecca Mundy and organist Tom Primrose will also be contributing to the evening.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, priced �15 for adults and �3 for under-16s, are available from The Book Fountain, in Wharton's Court, Wymondham, or by calling 01953 603663.
Proceeds from the event will be donated to the Abbey's development fund.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue