Wymondham plans to hold its first ever vintage day
- Credit: Archant
Wymondham is gearing up for its first ever vintage day.
The event on Sunday, September 11 from 10am to 4pm will include plenty of good, old-fashioned fun.
There will an array of vintage stalls selling everything from antiques to clothes to food and drink.
A 'memory lane' section will display once commonplace items from days gone by, and vintage bus rides will link up with the Mid-Norfolk Heritage Railway's Diesel Gala.
A display of vintage cars from different eras will be there to give visitors a taste of how people used to get about.
You may also want to watch:
Tea and cake will be served up on vintage china at Wymondham Baptist Church, and some shops will be open for the day. There will be music from popular group Those Darned Mouldy Figs, and activities centred around the Market Place, Market Street Car Park and the town green.
Wymondham Town Team is organising the vintage day as part of Norfolk's Heritage Open Weekend.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
One of the organisers, Nicola Maunders said excitement was building ahead of the event.
Ms Maunders said: 'It's been a lot of hard work organising vintage day but we are all really looking forward to it.
'There'll be lots to do and see and we even have an old vintage bus complete with conductor, for rides around our historic town.'
Wymondham's blue-badge guide, Judy Hawkins, will lead a free 30-minute walking tour on the day, talking about the town's historic buildings.
Organisers are looking for volunteer marshals to get involved.
Call Ms Maunders on 07532 125070 or email email@example.com to volunteer or to book a spot on the walking tour.
For more information about the vintage day see Wymondham Town Team's Facebook page.