Wymondham plans to hold its first ever vintage day
- Credit: Archant
Wymondham is gearing up for its first ever vintage day.
The event on Sunday, September 11 from 10am to 4pm will include plenty of good, old-fashioned fun.
There will an array of vintage stalls selling everything from antiques to clothes to food and drink.
A 'memory lane' section will display once commonplace items from days gone by, and vintage bus rides will link up with the Mid-Norfolk Heritage Railway's Diesel Gala.
A display of vintage cars from different eras will be there to give visitors a taste of how people used to get about.
Tea and cake will be served up on vintage china at Wymondham Baptist Church, and some shops will be open for the day. There will be music from popular group Those Darned Mouldy Figs, and activities centred around the Market Place, Market Street Car Park and the town green.
Wymondham Town Team is organising the vintage day as part of Norfolk's Heritage Open Weekend.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 3 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 4 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 5 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 6 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 7 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 8 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 9 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 10 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
One of the organisers, Nicola Maunders said excitement was building ahead of the event.
Ms Maunders said: 'It's been a lot of hard work organising vintage day but we are all really looking forward to it.
'There'll be lots to do and see and we even have an old vintage bus complete with conductor, for rides around our historic town.'
Wymondham's blue-badge guide, Judy Hawkins, will lead a free 30-minute walking tour on the day, talking about the town's historic buildings.
Organisers are looking for volunteer marshals to get involved.
Call Ms Maunders on 07532 125070 or email email@example.com to volunteer or to book a spot on the walking tour.
For more information about the vintage day see Wymondham Town Team's Facebook page.