Wroxham’s position beginning to look hopeless after another defeat
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2016
Wroxham slipped closer to relegation from Ryman League North last night when they suffered a sixth straight defeat.
The Yachtsmen went down 2-1 at Heybridge Swifts after a second half equaliser from Ross Gilfedder had offered some hope of a point.
The 68th minute effort cancelled out an opener from Reece Grant just before the break but Swifts had the final say in the 76th minute through George Cole.
Wroxham, who gave a debut to new signing Connor Deeks, remain 13 points adrift of the safety mark with games running out.
Meanwhile Gorleston's bid to win the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division title suffered a big setback when they slid to only their fourth league defeat of the season.
You may also want to watch:
They were surprisingly beaten 3-0 at home by mid-table Brantham (Michael Brothers 23, Sean Gunn 36 and a 55th minute own goal). The Greens remain 11 points behind leaders Mildenhall with four games in hand.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 9 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 10 Former factory site to become a new church