Wroxham’s position beginning to look hopeless after another defeat
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2016
Wroxham slipped closer to relegation from Ryman League North last night when they suffered a sixth straight defeat.
The Yachtsmen went down 2-1 at Heybridge Swifts after a second half equaliser from Ross Gilfedder had offered some hope of a point.
The 68th minute effort cancelled out an opener from Reece Grant just before the break but Swifts had the final say in the 76th minute through George Cole.
Wroxham, who gave a debut to new signing Connor Deeks, remain 13 points adrift of the safety mark with games running out.
Meanwhile Gorleston's bid to win the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division title suffered a big setback when they slid to only their fourth league defeat of the season.
You may also want to watch:
They were surprisingly beaten 3-0 at home by mid-table Brantham (Michael Brothers 23, Sean Gunn 36 and a 55th minute own goal). The Greens remain 11 points behind leaders Mildenhall with four games in hand.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 10 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant