Wroxham desperately need to end losing sequence at Heybridge
- Credit: Ian Burt
Wroxham travel to Heybridge Swifts tonight aiming to halt a miserable run that has seen them lose their previous five league games.
The Yachtsmen have been involved in some keenly contested matches since David Coyle replaced Damian Hilton in January, but have failed to add to their meagre points tally and remain 13 points adrift of safety.
They have two games in hand on Soham, the side who currently lie fourth from bottom, and need to take full advantage of the first of them to retain a realistic chance of beating the drop.
Opponents Heybridge are also battling against relegation, although they are three points above Soham and could take a giant step towards safety by winning tonight.
Meanwhile Gorleston will be aiming to close the gap on Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division leaders Mildenhall to eight points - with four games in hand - when they host Brantham.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree