Who was top dog? Pets, and owners, have a paw-some day out at Dereham Carnival Dog Show
- Credit: Haydn Rogers
They came in all shapes and sizes and from pedigree to crossbreed to vie for coveted rosettes at the second Dereham Carnival Dog Show.
Numbers were a little down on last year due to other local shows taking place on the same day but 130 dogs were entered in a variety of classes at the event on Sunday at Swanton Morley village hall.
The novelty events again proved popular from the hotly contested best biscuit catcher to fancy dress and a musical sit, ably assisted by the ice cream van.
You may also want to watch:
Best in Show was awarded to Natasha Fairhead and her two-year-old dog Millie.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
There was also a special award for best crossbreed in memory of cockapoo Benji who was killed by burglars at his owners' home in Gorleston at the age of just seven months. He had been bred by one of the Carnival's founding committee members Wendy Barker.
Carnival chairman Kerry Doyle said they had some great feedback from this year's event.
'People throughly enjoyed themselves, won some great prizes from generous sponsors and there were more requests to bring it back next year,' she said.
'The committee is grateful to all those that helped in the lead up and on the day itself, donated prizes and joined in the fun. Now we're on the countdown to Carnival day and starting work on the Christmas lights event.'
* For more information on the Carnival, which will take place on Sunday, July 16, visit the website.