Watts strikes to send Norwich United into last four
- Credit: Archant
Sam Watts' 64th minute close range goal spared Norwich United's blushes as they beat resolute Anglian Combination side Long Stratton 1-0 at Plantantion Park to book a semi-final place in the Norfolk Senior Cup.
Whilst the visitors were on the back foot for much of the contest they can take a lot of credit for their performance,
Goalkeeper Tom Coombe in particular was in fine form, his save from Christy Finch just before the break the pick of a fine bunch.
Matt Nichols and Joe Bush both had chances to put the visitors in front before the break and Jacob Skinner saw a long range shot held by Planters debutant keeper William Johnson before the deadlock was broken.
The goal came from a free-kick from deep. The ball was headed on by Andy Eastaugh and Watts made no mistake from close range. Finch was denied towards the end when his shot from the edge of the area was tipped onto the bar by Coombe.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk