Violinist Nigel Kennedy to perform at Lowestoft’s Marina Theatre
- Credit: Archant
World renowned violinist Nigel Kennedy will be performing at Lowestoft's Marina Theatre in the autumn.
The concert on November 12 will see Mr Kennedy celebrate the works of the German composer Bach and jazz legend Fats Waller.
Mr Kennedy will begin with Bach sonatas and partitas for solo violin and will then be joined by an acoustic guitarist, a snare drummer and a double bassist to perform his own arrangements of the music of Fats Waller.
Joining him on stage will be Rolf Bussalb on guitar, Yaron Stavi on bass and Krzysztof Dziedzic on snare drum.
Looking forward to appearing at the Marina, Mr Kennedy said: 'Playing Bach and Fats Waller on one show is a dream for me, two amazing keyboard players, both masters of harmony and melody.'
You may also want to watch:
For more than 25 years Mr Kennedy, who is a well know supporter of Aston Villa Football Club, has thrilled audiences around the world with his performances.
His first highly-acclaimed recording was Elgar's Violin Concerto which was voted 1985 Record of the Year by Gramophone magazine and was awarded Best Classical Album of the Year at the BPI Awards.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
His first recording of Vivaldi's Four Seasons earned a place in the Guinness Book of Records as the best-selling classical work of all time.
It sold more then two million copies and the album remained top of the UK classical charts for almost two years.
Martin Halliday, the Marina Theatre's chief executive, said: 'We are delighted to confirm that Nigel Kennedy will appear at the Marina Theatre in November.
'Through our ongoing relationship with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, our audiences have already enjoyed many internationally renowned artistes and to host Mr Kennedy in this centenary year celebrating Lowestoft born composer Benjamin Britten, makes it even more special.'
Tickets for Nigel Kennedy's concert at the Marina Theatre can be booked by calling 01502 533200.