United’s 10 men hit back to take the points
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Norwich United 2 Soham Town Rangers 1
Despite trailing at the interval and losing Angus Mackie to a straight red the Planters came back to clinch all three points with an impressive second half performance.
Soham led thanks to Luke Brown's 33rd minute penalty. A long throw caused mayhem in the Planters' box and referee Sean Kilbourn pointed to the spot, withBrown's spot-kick going straight down the middle.
Things got worse for the Planters in the opening seconds of the second period, After losing control as he went to contest a loose ball Mackie got a touch but caught Lewis Endacott in the process and the man in the middle had no hesitation in dismissing the youngster.
This seemed to fire up the Planters and Tim Henery, Christy Finch and substitute Nathan Stewart all forced good saves from visiting keeper George Lawton. The last of these brought a corner from which Jamie Speller found Andy Eastaugh at the far post and he powered home a header to level the scores in the 68th minute.
You may also want to watch:
Four minutes later the hosts were in front as Finch broke free before firing a right foot shot into the bottom corner to complete the turnaround
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 8 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 9 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 10 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?