United’s 10 men hit back to take the points
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Norwich United 2 Soham Town Rangers 1
Despite trailing at the interval and losing Angus Mackie to a straight red the Planters came back to clinch all three points with an impressive second half performance.
Soham led thanks to Luke Brown's 33rd minute penalty. A long throw caused mayhem in the Planters' box and referee Sean Kilbourn pointed to the spot, withBrown's spot-kick going straight down the middle.
Things got worse for the Planters in the opening seconds of the second period, After losing control as he went to contest a loose ball Mackie got a touch but caught Lewis Endacott in the process and the man in the middle had no hesitation in dismissing the youngster.
This seemed to fire up the Planters and Tim Henery, Christy Finch and substitute Nathan Stewart all forced good saves from visiting keeper George Lawton. The last of these brought a corner from which Jamie Speller found Andy Eastaugh at the far post and he powered home a header to level the scores in the 68th minute.
You may also want to watch:
Four minutes later the hosts were in front as Finch broke free before firing a right foot shot into the bottom corner to complete the turnaround
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch