Top 10 things for children to enjoy at the Holkham Country Fair
- Credit: Archant
It is often reported that fewer children are enjoying the great outdoors these days contributing, in some cases, to behavioural problems and mental health issues.
So we are encouraging youngsters and their families to get out and enjoy the great outdoors at one of Norfolk's biggest celebratings of rural life, next month.
The Holkham Country Fair will be on July 22 and July 23 at the Holkham Estate, near Wells and the EDP is an official media partner.
Here, we give you 10 things for children to enjoy at the fair...
You may also want to watch:
1) Free entry. To encourage youngsters to put their smartphones down and enjoy what nature has to offer, under 14s can get in for free.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 3 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
- 10 More than 300 homes hit by power cut in mid Norfolk
2) Fly down a zipwire. The 60-metre long zipwire is suitable for all ages. Children can enjoy an adrenaline rush as they speed through the grounds of Holkham Hall.
3) Meet birds of prey. Families can enjoy performances taking place in the grand ring or visit the falconry area to listen to talks and displays about the birds.
4) Interact with snakes, meerkats and skunks. Children can learn about the animal kingdom and meet some exotic animals.
5) Slide down a helter skelter. The Old Tyme Fairground will be complete with galloping horses, a helter skelter, chairs-o-planes and a ferris wheel.
6) Admire the Red Arrows. The Royal Air Force (RAF) Aerobatics Team, The Red Arrows, are due to wow crowds on the Sunday.
7)Hang out with ferrets. The Cambridgeshire Ferret Welfare and Rescue Society will allow children to learn more about the animals and possibly even pet them.
8) Camp out. Camping pitches are available so children get a true experience of the great outdoors.
9) Have a go at fishing and pond dipping. There will be a family fishing area in association with charity Get Hooked on Fishing.
10) March with a marching band. Youngsters can march with the band around the grand ring. One lucky child will also be named Drum Major and lead the march.
Tickets for the Holkham Country Fair are now available.
For more information, go to www.holkhamcountryfair.co.uk