Year of variety at Sheringham Little Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Film, comedy musical acts, opera and hard-hitting theatre will be highlights of the year at a seaside arts centre.
Sheringham Little Theatre will put on a range of films including:
?The film One Rogue Reporter (18) about a recovering tabloid hack will be screened on Saturday January 10 at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £6.
?The Imitation Game (12A), starring Benedict Cumberbatch, will be screened on Tuesday January 13 at 2.30pm and 7.30pm. Tickets cost £6 or £3.50 for under 16s.
?Interstellar (12A), starring Matthew McConaughey, will be shown on Tuesday January 20 at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £6 or £3.50 for under 16s.
?A theatre screening of National Theatre Live: Treasure Island will happen on Thursday January 22 and Wednesday February 18 at 7pm. Tickets cost £15 or £10 for under 16s.
?There will be a live talk by Sheringham-based nature expert Moss Taylor on Sunday January 11 at 4pm.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 3 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 4 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Virus expert says Omicron is 'unstoppable' and backs 'Plan B' rules
- 8 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 9 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 10 Police called after illegally parked delivery driver blocks bus routes
Mr Taylor has lived in the town since 1972 and his Through the Lens of a Naturalist talk will include information about different habitats in Norfolk including woodland, heathland, the Broads and the north Norfolk coast.
The event will feature photographs of wild flowers, butterflies, dragonflies and birds.
Tickets cost £5 or £2 for under 16s.
?A screening of the Opera Australia: Madama Butterfly will happen on Saturday January 31 at 7pm. Tickets cost £20, £15 for friends of the theatre or £10 for students.
?Multi-talented four-piece group Bowjangles will perform On The Box at the theatre on Saturday February 14 at 7.30pm.
The show will include music, song, dance, comedy and different styles of music. Tickets cost £12.
?Cromer and Sheringham Operatic and Dramatic Society will perform The Diary of Anne Frank from Wednesday February 25-Saturday February 28 at 7.30pm.
It is based on a powerful new adaptation of the Second World War diary of a young Jewish girl who died in the Holocaust.
Tickets cost £9 for the Wednesday evening and Saturday 2.30pm matinée shows and £10 for the other nights.
?Visit www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com or call 01263 822347 to book.