Wombatwombat's Christmas gig
COLIN WILSON Catch up with two of the three winners of the Next Big Thing music showcase tonight when wombatwombat marks its combined sixth birthday and Christmas celebrations with a dazzling array of local talent at Norwich Arts Centre from 7.
Catch up with two of the three winners of the Next Big Thing music showcase tonight when wombatwombat marks its combined sixth birthday and Christmas celebrations with a dazzling array of local talent at Norwich Arts Centre from 7.30pm.
Enjoy a celebratory evening of feisty festive frolics with neo-new wave/punk from auditorium headliners the Pistolas, who have been holed up in the studio writing new material since October's Oxjam gig at the Waterfront. They are likely to test out some new tunes ahead of what promises to be a punishing tour schedule in 2007. The quartet deliver a commanding, sexually-charged live show that has seen them crowned Next Big Thing 2004 winners and Diesel-U-Music 2005 best rock and best live act.
Main support comes from Next Big Thing 2005 winners Le Tetsuo, who are back in Norwich via a tour of the airport lounges of Europe and the more dingy back alleys of east London. They return victorious from their latest recording session at Purple, clutching copies of a new demo.
You may also want to watch:
Bearsuit spin-off group Keytarded consisting of Jan Robertson, Cerian Hutchings and Lisa Horton, all - you've guessed it - on keytar, will get the party started with a set of “inappropriate” 80s-esque Yamaha keytar covers of everything from Johnny Cash to Mudhoney.
Plus Howlback Hum in the cafe/bar, including sets by Rory McVicar and Will Barlow, Fiel Garvie, Tonkl and Lethargic Pigeon. The first 100 partygoers will be welcomed with free festive food and entry to a prize draw to win some Wombatwombat goodies!
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 9 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
Tickets at £5adv/£6door are available from the NAC box office, 01603 660352, Soundclash and the UEA box office.