Win tickets to see Twelfth Night and Romeo & Juliet in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Much acclaimed Watermill Theatre brings a double dose of Shakespeare to Norwich Theatre Royal next week and we have a chance for readers to win pair of tickets.
Two Shakespeare plays get an edgy contemporary feel as the Watermill Theatre brings its brand new production of Twelfth Night to Norwich Theatre Royal alongside its 2016 hit Romeo & Juliet in what is sure to be a must-see for fans of the Bard's work.
Romeo and Juliet's story of all-consuming love will be set in a modern nightspot known as the Capulet Club complete with busy bar and a clientele made up of the star crossed lovers and their families. The cast of actor-musicians perform a soundtrack of hits by the likes of Mumford and Sons, The Vaccines, The Civil Wars and Hozier.
Meanwhile Twelfth Night will be set in the 1920s and features compositions from the likes of Duke Ellington, Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong.
The Watermill based just outside Newbury is also where the acclaimed all-male Shakespeare company Propeller started life and they are noted for bringing a modern feel to the classic texts.
You may also want to watch:
We have two pairs of tickets to see Twelfth Night on Tuesday, June 6, 7.30pm, and two pairs of tickets for Romeo and Juliet on Wednesday, June 7, 7.30pm, to be won. To be in with a chance of winning simply answer the following question:
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 7 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
Q — What theatre is staging its productions of Twelfth Night and Romeo & Juliet?
1. The Warehouse
2. The Watermill
3. The Workhouse
• Email your answer, together with your name, address and contact number, to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Entries must arrive no later than midday on June 2. One entry per household. Usual Archant rules apply. The tickets are for the stated performances only and cannot be exchanged for seats for another performance or show, or for a cash alternative.
• Romeo & Juliet & Twelfth Night, Norwich Theatre Royal, June 6-10, £26.50-£8, 01603 630000, www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk
• Twelfth Night on June 6, 7.30pm, June 9, 7.30pm and June 10, 7.30pm/Romeo & Juliet on June 7, 7.30pm, June 8, 2.30pm and 7.30pm, and June 10, 7.30pm.