Win tickets to see Oscar-nominated film Hidden Figures in Norwich
- Credit: Twentieth Century Fox
We have teamed up with Twentieth Century Fox to offer readers the chance to win one of five pairs of tickets for an early screening at Odeon Norwich on February 15.
In the early 1960s, as the US seeks to surpass the Soviet Union in the space race, three mathematically and technologically gifted African-American women must cope with racism and sexism while performing vital tasks at NASA's segregated Virginia facilities.
Theodore Melfi's acclaimed biographical film Hidden Figures, nominated for Best Picture in this year's Academy Awards, tells the incredible untold story of Katherine G. Johnson, Dorothy Vaughan and Mary Jackson, who served as the brains behind one of the greatest operations in history: the launch of astronaut John Glenn into orbit. The visionary trio crossed all gender and race lines for this stunning achievement that restored the nation's confidence and turned around the Space Race.
The film, which goes on general release on February 17, stars Octavia Spencer, Oscar nominated for the Best Actress in a Supporting Role, Taraji P. Henson, and Janelle Monáe, as well as Kirsten Dunst, Jim Parsons, Mahershala Ali, Aldis Hodge, Glen Powell and Kevin Costner.
You may also want to watch:
We have teamed up with Twentieth Century Fox to offer readers the chance to win one of five pairs of tickets for an early screening at Odeon Norwich on February 15, 6pm doors open, 6.30pm film starts.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 4 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 5 The top-rated McDonald's in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- 6 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 7 Road in west Norfolk still closed seven hours after 'very serious' crash
- 8 Pedestrian dies following collision with a bus on A146
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Fourteen green spaces in Norfolk named among best in UK
• To enter simply email the answer to the question below, together with your name, address, phone number and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Q — What decade is Hidden Figures set in?
• Entries must arrive by noon on February 10. Winners will be informed by email and sent an online code to redeem at the Show Film First website, allowing them to print off their pair of tickets. Note, this code can only be used once for each winner.
• Normal Archant competition rules apply.