Win a pair of tickets to see Rod Stewart live at Carrow Road!
The EDP and Norwich Evening News have teamed up with Norwich City Football Club to offer five lucky readers the chance to win a pair of tickets for the Rod Stewart concert at Carrow Road.
Legend Rod Stewart is set to rock Carrow Road this summer. One of the most successful performers of all time and with sold-out concerts across the globe, Rod's concert in Norwich on Wednesday June 8 is expected to be one of the greatest outdoor gigs of 2011. And the EDP and Norwich Evening News have teamed up with Norwich City Football to give five lucky readers the chance to win a pair of tickets for the concert.
Rod Stewart began his musical career after spending some time as an apprentice with the Brentford Football Club, Stewart came to prominence in the late 1960s and early 1970s with the Jeff Beck Group and then Faces. He launched his solo career in 1969 with his debut album, An Old Raincoat Won't Ever Let You Down. His work with the Jeff Beck Group and Faces proved to be influential on the formation of the punk rock and heavy metal genres.
With his career in its fifth decade and with his distinctive raspy singing voice, Rod Stewart has sold over 100 million records worldwide, making him one of the best selling artists of all time. In the UK, he has garnered six consecutive number one albums, and his tally of 62 hit singles include 31 that reached the top 10, six of which gained the number one position.
Tickets for Rod Stewart at Carrow Road are on sale now priced from �45 and are available from the EDP and Evening News office, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR1 1RE; telephone 01603 772175 or visit the Ticket Sales link in the Buy & Sell section of the EDP and Evening News websites.
How to enter
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 3 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 4 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 5 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 6 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 7 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 8 Seven of the oldest Norfolk businesses
- 9 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 10 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
For a chance to win a pair of tickets, simply answer the question below -
Where was Rod Stewart a footballer apprentice?
a: Brentford Football Club
b: Norwich City Football Club
c: Cambridge United
Terms and conditions:
The competition closes on Monday May 23 2011.The winner's name will be chosen at random from all the correct answers and the editor's decision is final. No cash alternative is available. Standard Archant competition rules also apply - follow the Terms & Conditions link on this website.