Who are your Norfolk sporting heroes of 2013?
The cream of Norfolk's sporting achievement and service will be honoured this autumn at the seventh Active Norfolk Sports Awards.
The awards, backed by the Eastern Daily Press and BBC Radio Norfolk, aim to showcase the legacy of the Olympic Games, a year on from the magical summer of London 2012.
We want you to tell us about your sporting heroes, role models and inspirations – whether they are world champions or the pride of your community.
Vicki Hall of Active Norfolk said: 'The Norfolk Sports Awards have grown in popularity, distinction and stature since being launched in 2006.'
She said the awards were a key part of creating an Olympic and Paralympic legacy in the county, and represented a 'a unified celebration of sporting excellence.'
You may also want to watch:
Ms Hall added: 'The awards are all about celebrating Norfolk's talented sports men and women and recognising those who give up their time to coach and support sports clubs.
'So if you know somebody who deserves to be rewarded for their sporting efforts, or a team that have done amazing things this year, please nominate them for an award.'
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
Nominations are open across nine categories:
• Sports Personality of the Year
• Young Sports Personality of the Year
• BBC Unsung Hero Award
• Inspirational Sports Personality
• Community Coach of the Year
• Community Club of the Year
• Sports School of the Year
• Sporting Village of the Year
• Fit4Work Sporting Business of the Year
An overall Active Norfolk Winner of Winners will then be picked from the individual category winners.
The 2013 Norfolk Sports Awards are expected to attract more than 300 nominations, with the winners announced at a ceremony in the Atrium at the Forum in Norwich on November 6.
You can nominate your sporting heroes at www.activenorfolk.org/sportsawards13
The closing date for entries is Monday, October 21.