Who are your Norfolk sporting heroes of 2013?
The cream of Norfolk's sporting achievement and service will be honoured this autumn at the seventh Active Norfolk Sports Awards.
The awards, backed by the Eastern Daily Press and BBC Radio Norfolk, aim to showcase the legacy of the Olympic Games, a year on from the magical summer of London 2012.
We want you to tell us about your sporting heroes, role models and inspirations – whether they are world champions or the pride of your community.
Vicki Hall of Active Norfolk said: 'The Norfolk Sports Awards have grown in popularity, distinction and stature since being launched in 2006.'
She said the awards were a key part of creating an Olympic and Paralympic legacy in the county, and represented a 'a unified celebration of sporting excellence.'
Ms Hall added: 'The awards are all about celebrating Norfolk's talented sports men and women and recognising those who give up their time to coach and support sports clubs.
'So if you know somebody who deserves to be rewarded for their sporting efforts, or a team that have done amazing things this year, please nominate them for an award.'
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
Nominations are open across nine categories:
• Sports Personality of the Year
• Young Sports Personality of the Year
• BBC Unsung Hero Award
• Inspirational Sports Personality
• Community Coach of the Year
• Community Club of the Year
• Sports School of the Year
• Sporting Village of the Year
• Fit4Work Sporting Business of the Year
An overall Active Norfolk Winner of Winners will then be picked from the individual category winners.
The 2013 Norfolk Sports Awards are expected to attract more than 300 nominations, with the winners announced at a ceremony in the Atrium at the Forum in Norwich on November 6.
You can nominate your sporting heroes at www.activenorfolk.org/sportsawards13
The closing date for entries is Monday, October 21.