Well-known faces at helm of new show at Cromer Pier
- Credit: submitted
Gather up the horses and harness the stage coach as a new shows is set to roll into town.
The musical Calamity Jane is being staged by Cromer and Sheringham Operatic and Dramatic Society, (CSODS) which is now in its 102 year, at the Cromer Pier Pavilion Theatre from May 28.
Preparations for the show started back in November last year when auditions were first held and this year sees more changes with some well known local faces at the helm.
Martin Rodwell, who joined the society back in 1981 playing the Artful Dodger in Oliver, takes the reigns as director.
Mr Rodwell, who won two National Operatic and Dramatic Association (NODA) awards for shows he directed at Sheringham Little Theatre for CSODS, said: 'Being a member of CSODS is like being part of a large extended family, it's a lot of hard work pulling a show together, but we also have a huge amount of fun.'
Mr Rodwell's childhood and long standing friend, Yvonne Kidd, who first joined the society back in 1979 at the age of 12 when she starred in The Pyjama Game, is production secretary on the show.
She said: 'I just love it, it's so much fun, yes we work hard, but just look at the end result, fantastic shows'
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 7 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed
Calamity Jane runs from May 28 until Saturday, June 4 with evening and matinee performances.
For tickets call Cromer Pier Pavilion Theatre box office 01263 512495 or visit www.cromerpier.co.uk.