Wedding day drama at North Walsham theatre
- Credit: Archant
A heartwarming and darkly funny production about wedding day jitters is coming to a town arts centre.
The Wedding Room will be performed by Stage Direct Amateur Theatre Co at the Atrium, North Walsham, tomorrow and Saturday May 24 at 7.30pm.
It has been written by local playwright and former Paston Sixth Form College drama teacher Rob John. The story is set on Julia's wedding day but it does not end up being the traditional fairytale event.
Julia has doubts and on her special day her ex-boyfriend, who wants to pick up where they left off, suddenly turns up. Meanwhile her sister, Christine is reliving past demons having been let down on her own wedding day. And it may just be that Julia, herself, carries some of the guilt for her sibling's unhappiness.
Stage Direct has previously performed And Then There Were None and Absent Friends. It started in 1997 with the aim of producing plays with an edge.
Early offerings included Dennis Potters controversial Brimstone and treacle, Henry James's ghost story The Turn of The Screw.
Stage Direct was initially based at Sheringham Little Theatre followed by the Granary Theatre in Wells. It is now based at the Atrium.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 3 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 4 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 9 Virus expert says Omicron is 'unstoppable' and backs 'Plan B' rules
- 10 Police called after illegally parked delivery driver blocks bus routes
Tickets cost £8 for adults and £6 for concessions and can be bought by ringing 01692 400080 or visiting www.theatrium.org.uk