Wedding day drama at North Walsham theatre
- Credit: Archant
A heartwarming and darkly funny production about wedding day jitters is coming to a town arts centre.
The Wedding Room will be performed by Stage Direct Amateur Theatre Co at the Atrium, North Walsham, tomorrow and Saturday May 24 at 7.30pm.
It has been written by local playwright and former Paston Sixth Form College drama teacher Rob John. The story is set on Julia's wedding day but it does not end up being the traditional fairytale event.
Julia has doubts and on her special day her ex-boyfriend, who wants to pick up where they left off, suddenly turns up. Meanwhile her sister, Christine is reliving past demons having been let down on her own wedding day. And it may just be that Julia, herself, carries some of the guilt for her sibling's unhappiness.
Stage Direct has previously performed And Then There Were None and Absent Friends. It started in 1997 with the aim of producing plays with an edge.
You may also want to watch:
Early offerings included Dennis Potters controversial Brimstone and treacle, Henry James's ghost story The Turn of The Screw.
Stage Direct was initially based at Sheringham Little Theatre followed by the Granary Theatre in Wells. It is now based at the Atrium.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 6 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 7 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
Tickets cost £8 for adults and £6 for concessions and can be bought by ringing 01692 400080 or visiting www.theatrium.org.uk