Wedding day disaster looms in Sheringham Little Theatre farce
The summer rep season continues this week at Sheringham Little Theatre as bridegroom-to-be Bill attempts to stave off a wedding day disaster in writer and TV actor Robin Hawdon's uproarious farce Perfect Wedding, which runs at Sheringham Little Theatre this week.
Directed by Paston College drama tutor Simon Thompson, the play follows Bill's efforts to overcome an almighty hangover, while his best man attempts to hide his pal's wedding night misdemeanours - not only from the bride-to-be, but also from his future mother-in-law.
The fast-paced farce weaves its way through a web of lies, as the pair concoct an ever-more tangled version of events in an effort to fend off the family's suspicions.
Continuing the theatre's summer repertory season on August 10 is Patrick Hamilton's nail-biting thriller Gaslight, which tells the tale of scheming husband Jack Manningham's mental torture of his young, vulnerable wife Bella.
Set in fogbound London in 1880, the classic psychological thriller promises to have audiences on the edge of their seats as, via a series of twists and turns, the plot unfolds, revealing a woman who is convinced she is going mad.
However the appearance of police detective Rough sheds a chilling light over what has been taking place within Bella's own home.
Perfect Wedding runs at Sheringham Little Theatre from August 4-9. Gaslight runs from August 10-16.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 5 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 6 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 9 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 10 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
Tickets, priced �15 Friday and Saturday, �14.50 Monday-Thursday, �8.50 under 18s, are available from the box office on 01263 822347. For more information, visit www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com.