Wedding day chaos in Sheringham summer rep play
- Credit: Archant
Chaos, confusion and huge complications are heading for the stage at the Sheringham Little Theatre this week as part of the long-running summer rep tradition.
Perfect Wedding opens today, Thursday August 20, and runs until Saturday August 29.
It is the penultimate play in a series of five which are running as part of the little theatre's 55th summer rep season.
This year's productions are five of the best-ever plays put on in the seaside town in recent years.
The fast-paced comedy is being directed by Simon Thompson, director and teacher of drama and theatre studies at Paston Sixth Form College in North Walsham.
You may also want to watch:
Set in a traditional hotel in Dublin, the lively production opens with the awakening of a bridegroom in the bridal suite on his wedding morning.
Mr Thompson said: 'It's important not to give too much away with a comedy like this but I can say an awful lot of complications then follow, involving all the members of the wedding party.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
'The play is set in two rooms and there are plenty of the exits and entrances that make farces like this so fantastic.
'It is going to be great fun and quite different from the last time it was staged in Sheringham.'
The play stars Helen Keeley, Melissa Clements, Rick Warren, Maeve Smyth, Mary Lincoln and Luke Francis.
?Perfect Wedding will be performed at 8pm from August 20 to August 29 (apart from Sunday). There will be a matinee at 2.30pm on Tuesday August 25. To book tickets call 01263 822347 or visit www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com