Volunteers needed for Norwich Sound and Vision festival
- Credit: Music Art Study (M.A.S)
Music and the multi-media world are set to go under the spotlight at a city festival later this year – and people are being given the chance to play a key role in helping to run the event.
About 30 volunteers are needed for the Norwich Sound + Vision festival, which will take place from October 10 to 12. The event is a showcase for rising stars of the music scene and also includes a three-day conference programme that spans the music, film and television and digital industries.
The festival is now looking for volunteers to take on a number of different roles. These include being event stewards, working on front of house, and helping the Norwich Sound + Vision marketing team.
People need to be over 18 to be a volunteer and have until the end of the month to apply.
Jenny Allison, from Norwich Sound + Vision, said the volunteers were an important part of the festival's team and that volunteering gave people a brilliant opportunity to see what it is like to work behind the scenes of a boutique music festival and conference, meet new people and gain great experience.
She said: 'Volunteering is a great way to learn new skills, try out a different career, gain valuable experience for your CV and make new connections. We couldn't deliver the Norwich Sound + Vision Conference and Festival without our team of volunteers. We are a small but passionate team that really wants to make a difference in the careers of musicians, film makers, and game developers.
'If this sounds like something that you would like to be a part of, please complete an application form.'
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
About 100 music acts are set to feature in NS+V including UK hip hop artist Ghostpoet, singer-songwriter Nina Nesbitt, and rock group Drenge. Other acts include Big Deal, San Cisco, Eagulls, The Wytches, No Ceremony, PINS, Comanechi, Female Smell, Devil Sold His Soul, We Butter The Bread With Butter, and Lady Lamb The Beekeeper.
Application forms for the volunteer roles can be can be downloaded from http://norwichsoundandvision.co.uk/volunteer-opportunities/ The closing date for applications is Friday, August 30.
Delegate passes are available that enable entry to the NS+V conference and all music events across all three days and nights. The current early bird rate is £60 (£50 for concessions). Festival gig wristbands are also available that enable entry to all music events across all three nights. The current early bird rate is £30. See www.norwichsoundandvision.co.uk, www.facebook.com/norwichsoundandvision, or follow @nsoundandvision on Twitter.